Sports and my thoughts

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Sports: How does this guy keep his job?

The Detroit Lions are a NFL's worse 24-72 since Matt Millen has been in charge, but yet he will be keeping his job.
Detroit Lions general manager Matt Millen said Tuesday that quitting is not an option he has considered despite criticism of the team's dismal performance in his tenure. "I'll never quit," Millen said in an interview with a small group of reporters, including The Detroit News, which posted some of his comments on its Web site. "I can't do that. I don't even consider that.

"It's the way I'm made."

Asked why he wouldn't quit, Millen replied: "You're given a job, regardless of what it is. You keep on working and trying to get the thing done."

With all the coaches, and GM's for that matter, who get fired if they don't perform in a couple of years, it amazes me that Matt Millen still has a job. Any one else with his performance record would have been fired years ago. What he has over Mr Ford's head I don't know.

That is the only thing I can think of, he must be black mailing the owner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home