Sports and my thoughts

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Sports: Bowl Weekend

I admit I am not a huge college football fan. I've watched a few Notre Damn games and Michigan vs Ohio State but other than a few big games I haven't watched much at all. That was until this weekend. I was flipping through all the games yesterday, mostly because there was nothing else on and I had the day off from work.

USC killed the Michigan Wolverines, 35-18, in the Rose Bowl. This is a perfect reason why college football needs a play off system. Michigan only lost by 3 to Ohio State who will likely win the National Title and USC beat Michigan pretty handily. I would have loved to see a Ohio State/USC game. But I guess we never will know what could have happened.

The game of the day was Boise State nearly beating the Oklahoma Sooners, 43-42, in the Fiesta Bowl. This is another reason why there needs to be a play off system in college football. If Ohio State happens to lose to Florida, Boise State will be the only undefeated team in Division 1 football. Do I think Boise State would win the play off system, probably not, I don't even think they would beat Oklahoma again if they played next week. But anything could happen, that's why they play the games.

But Boise State versus Oklahoma was by far and away the best college football game I've ever watched. It had everything, come backs, great plays, and more amazing plays. Boise State went up 14-0 quick and I thought it was going to be a blow out. But Oklahoma fought back and tied the game in the 4th quarter. With a 1:26 left in the game, Boise State got the ball back after Oklahoma tied up the game only to throw an interception that got returned for a touch down. Which put Oklahoma up 35-28. With a minute left Boise State drove down the field and on a 4th and 12, or something close to that, Boise State threw a short pass that turned into a hook and ladder for a touch down to tie the game and send it into overtime. Than in over time, OK scored a quick touch down to take the lead, but Boise State came back and scored another TD on a 4th and 2 or 3. But instead of just tieing the game, they went for the win and ran the Statute of Liberty play and run into the end zone with an easy two point conversion for the win.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home