Sports and my thoughts

Friday, November 10, 2006

Thoughts: New chairman of the Republican National Committee

After the Republicans took a thumping this past election the RNC will ask Michael Steele to head the RNC.
Republican National Committee Chairman Ken Mehlman, whose party just lost both chambers of Congress, will leave his position in January, and the post as party chief has been offered to Maryland Lt. Gov. Michael S. Steele.
"It is true," Mr. Mehlman told The Washington Times when asked about reports last night that he would resign. "It's something I decided over the summer. No one told me I needed to. In fact, folks wanted me to stay."
Mr. Mehlman said he "told the White House over the summer it was my decision" to leave the RNC post, "win, lose or draw."
Also last night, Republican officials told The Times that Mr. Steele, who lost his bid for the U.S. Senate on Tuesday, has been sought out to succeed Mr. Mehlman as national party chairman. Those Republican officials said Mr. Steele had not made a decision whether to take the post, as of last night.
I like this move for the Republicans. Michael Steele ran a good campaign, although he did come up a little short. Hopefully Michael Steele will take the Republicans back to their conservative roots and bring us back to the glory land in 2008.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home