Sports and my thoughts

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Sports: Santana loses twice tonight

How can Santana lose twice in one night? Well I'm going to tell you why.

With the Redsox up 6-0 in the bottom of the 8th at the moment, I'm going to assume, yes I know that is a BIG ASSUMPTION on my part, that the Sox are going to hold off the Twins and win this game. So that is loss number 1 of the night for Santana, which really isn't that big of a deal, the Twins still have a solid lock on the wild card and are still right behind the Tigers for the AL Central lead.

The big loss for Santana, in my eyes, is the MVP race. Up till tonight I had Johan Santana #1 in my MVP ballot. This lose knocks him out of the race in my opinion. It is hard enough as it is to win the MVP as a pitcher and quite frankly, Santana had to be perfect down the stretch to win it. I really thought he would win the rest of his games, as he is a great pitcher down the stretch. Something like 33 and 4 now since the All-Star break in the last 3 years. That is pretty fricken good.

Speaking of the MVP race, I think Big Papi has remade a case for himself tonight. Hitting Redsox homerun record 51 and 52. It is hard to vote against a player with 50 plus homeruns and 13o plus RBIs. I am finding it harder and harder to vote against David Ortiz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home