Sports and my thoughts

Monday, June 05, 2006

Sports: How quickly they forget

Larry Bowa blasted Corey Patterson for stealing 2nd and 3rd with a 6 run lead in the 7th inning. According to Bowa he was just rubbing it in their noses.
BALTIMORE - When Corey Patterson stole second and third in the seventh inning with the Orioles leading by six runs Larry Bowa believed Patterson was rubbing it in the Yankees' nose.

From the top step of the third base dugout, Bowa let Patterson have it.

"I told him to play the game the right way," Bowa said. "That was terrible."

Patterson said he didn't know if a six-run bulge would hold up.


"I guess he didn't appreciate me taking third base, basically. I can't repeat what he said," Patterson said of Bowa. "I even checked with some people before the inning. If I get on, what should I do, how should I play it out. I got the go-ahead."

Wait a minute? I remember a couple of weeks ago when the Yanks were down 9-0 to the Rangers only to come back and win that game. If I were Patterson and the Orioles I wouldn't let up on the Yankees, or the Redsox, until the game is over.

How quickly they forget.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home