Sports and my thoughts

Monday, April 10, 2006

Sports: Contract Extensions

2 years ago I would never thought Derrick Lee would be this kind of player. But after his break out last year I think a 5 year $65 million contract is well worth it for someone who hits like him and plays a gold glove caliber defense at first. Derrick Lee is someone I'd love to have on the Redsox. I'd gladly take him over Youkalis, I mean who wouldn't?

But someone I'd rather have on the Redsox is David Ortiz. Who just received a 4 year $52 million extension from the Sox. Which is basically the same deal Damon wanted from the Sox, only Damon was not worth it. But Big Papi is and will continue to be. I hope to see David Ortiz up in the MVP race this year too, as I think he will be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home