Sports and my thoughts

Monday, March 20, 2006

Sports: Redsox trade Arroyo

I'm not sure how I feel about this trade. I love Arroyo and I think Arroyo loves Boston. I am not totally sold on Willy Mo Pena either.
The Boston Red Sox traded pitcher Bronson Arroyo to the Cincinnati Reds for outfielder Wily Mo Pena on Monday. Arroyo was 14-10 with a 4.51 ERA last season. The right-hander was part of a deep group of Red Sox starters and had taken a home-team discount when he signed a three-year contract worth $11.25 million on Jan. 19.

Pena batted .254 with 19 homers and 51 RBI last season and struck out 116 times with 20 walks. A 24-year-old right-handed hitter, he could play right field instead of lefty Trot Nixon when left-handers pitch against Boston.

Pena does have power but he doesn't have anything else. Sure if he could batt 300 with his power it would be a great deal. I guess time will tell.

I hope Arroyo has a great year in Cincinatti.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home