Sports and my thoughts

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Sports: 2006 Boston Redsox

25 man roster is pretty much set.

STARTERS (4): Curt Schilling, Tim Wakefield, Josh Beckett and Matt Clement.

RELIEVERS (7): Lenny DiNardo, David Riske, Julian Tavarez, Rudy Seanez, Mike Timlin, Jonathan Papelbon and Keith Foulke.

CATCHERS (2): Jason Varitek and Josh Bard.

DH (1): David Ortiz.

INFIELDERS: (6): Mike Lowell, Alex Gonzalez, Mark Loretta, Alex Cora, J.T. Snow and Kevin Youkilis.

OUTFIELDERS (5): Manny Ramirez, Coco Crisp, Trot Nixon, Wily Mo Pena and Adam Stern.

With David Wells starting the year on the Disabled list it looks like Papelbon will start the year as the 5th starter. Which is where I'd rather have him anyhow. I don't really care if David Wells never comes back to the team, he is a damn Yankee anyhow.

A few question marks with the team. The biggest question marks I have is with Keith Foulke. If he can return to his 2004 form this team should win 100 games. Curt Schilling looked good to me in the preseason so I don't have many questions about him. I fully believe he will win 18+ games this year.

The infield is also a very big question mark, but I am an enternal optimist, so I think it will all go well. Redsox picked up some insurance just in case Lowell doesn't work out. Mike Lowell started the off season in a 2-20 something slump, but since then has hit good. I believe that will carry over to the season and we will see him come back to form.

I just can't wait for the season to start.

The greatest words I hear every year, "PLAY BALL!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home