Sports and my thoughts

Monday, December 12, 2005

Sports: Hot Stove Update

Redsox addition

This would be a dream come true. The Rocket might be returning home to Boston. The Redsox have expressed interest now that he is a free agent. I'm sure every team in baseball is expressing interest in him. But in my opinion there are only 5 options for the Rocket. Sign with the Redsox, Yankees, Rangers, wait till May 1st to sign with the Astros, or finally retire after pitching in the World Cup of Baseball. I would love to see Roger finish what he started and finally win a World Series with the Redsox in 2006, but I doubt this will happen. My guess is he pitches in the World Classic then resigns with the Astros after May 1st.

First he wants a trade now Tejada denies wanting a trade. I guess saying you want a change of scenery doesn't mean at a different place. He is using the Clinton defense, what does scenery mean. All this means is Tejada doesn't want to sound like the bad guy. We all know he wants a trade, but he doesn't want to see like a TO who comes out and bad mouths his team and ownership. I would love to trade for Tejada, but that isn't going to happen either.

So now we are going to have to go out and sign Alex Gonzalez to play short. Which will be a good 1 or 2 year fit as he plays a gold glove caliber defense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home