Sports and my thoughts

Monday, November 28, 2005

Sports: Hot stove update

Wow...With BJ Ryan getting a 5 year deal I thought for sure Billy Wagner would have received a similar contract. But instead Wagner agreed to a 4 year $43 million contract from the Mets. The Mets are starting to look very very good. They are going to have one hell of an offense this year with picking up Delgado. I would hate to be the opposing pitcher facing the Mets, specially if the rumors surrounding Manny Ramirez come true. The Mets were a decent team last year but desperately needed a bulpen. The acquisition of Wagner gives them the shut down closer they desperately needed. If they keep this up I might have to pick against the Braves for the first time in 14 years.

The A's surprisingly are spending some money signing Estabon Loaiza to a 3 years $21 million contract. Pitchers in Oakland seem to have the same magic as Atlanta, they flourish at both places. I think this is a good fit for the A's and Loaiza. I think he will have a decent year this year and hopefully they can beat out the Angels this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home