Sports and my thoughts

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Thoughts: Maybe I'm giving Bush too much credit

I was at lunch today talking to my father about Harriet Miers withdrawing her nomination. And we came up with a good thought, but I think we might be giving Bush too much credit, but just listen to this. This theory all depends on who Bush nominates next for the Supreme Court.

Bush might have known what would happen if he nominated Harriet Miers, I don't think is stupid, like most Democrats happen to believe. Bush probably knew the base would snap and fight to stop her nomination. And if they didn't Bush probably believes should have made a good Justice. I don't think she would have, but I think he does. But Bush also knew or thought he couldn't get someone like Janice Rodgers Brown, Priscella Owens, or Miquel Estrada through the Senate Republicans. But now with the base in an uproar over the Miers nomination he MUST nominate a known conservative or he will feel the wrath of the conservative base.

I don't think there is a Republican in the Senate that will vote against one of the above nominees with the uproar that they just heard over the Miers failed nomination. Maybe just maybe Bush knew he needed the base, a fired up base, to get one of these nominees passed and appointed to the Supreme Court.

Now if Bush nominates Alberto Gonzalez or another one of his cronies you can throw my theory right out the window. But I'm hoping and praying he nominates a strict Constitutionalist to the highest court in the country.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home