Sports and my thoughts

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Sports: Rehab for Schilling not going as well as hoped

I just wish he took the extra time at the beginning of the year instead of rushing back to glory. Schilling hoped to pitch before the all star break, but now looks like he needs one more rehab start.

Injured Red Sox ace Curt Schilling will probably need at least one more rehab start before returning to the Boston rotation.

"I think he needs to come here and throw [on the] side, then pitch a couple more times," Red Sox manager Terry Francona said Tuesday before Boston's game against the Texas Rangers. "I think that's more realistic than starting this weekend. I think that makes sense."

Schilling struggled Monday night in what was supposed to be his final rehab outing before returning to the big league rotation, allowing five runs on eight hits in five innings for Boston's Triple-A team in Pawtucket.

"Physically, I feel great today. But yesterday was what it was," Schilling said after rejoining his teammates Tuesday in Texas.


Schilling is going to be the best mid season pick up for any team. It is hard to believe that the Sox are 3.5 games ahead of the Al East with out their ace of the staff.

If Schilling comes back healthy, and I've said this a thousand times, the Redsox are going to run away with the division title.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home