Sports and my thoughts

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Sports: Sheffield won't go

Sheffield said today even if he was traded he wouldn't go to the Mets.

Gary Sheffield does not want to play for the Mets or any team other than the Yankees this season.

"I'm not going anywhere," Sheffield told The New York Times on Wednesday. The Yankees and Mets reportedly were in discussions about a possible Sheffield-for-Mike Cameron swap.

"If I have to go somewhere, I won't go," the Yankees' slugger told The Times. "If they said 'wouldn't you want to get paid', I'd say 'I've got plenty of money.' I'm not playing nowhere else, I can promise you that."

Sheffield is signed through 2006 and does not have a no-trade clause in his contract. He signed a three-year, $39 million contract in December 2003.

The Yankees reportedly are interested in upgrading their defense by placing Cameron in center. The Mets would add another powerful bat to the middle of their order with Sheffield, who plays right field for the Yankees.


I don't blame him thinking this, I wouldn't want to go to a loosing team from a winning team either, but I do blame him for saying this to the media.

But hopefully this just adds to the negativity in the Yankees club house. I want to see dissent from everyone and an implosion. Maybe with all these trade talks the players will get mad at each other and start playing even worse.

Hey a Redsox fan can hope can't he?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home