Sports and my thoughts

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Sports: Redsox are a rolling

And they should be getting Schilling back in a few weeks.

Curt Schilling moved closer to returning to Boston's rotation, throwing another simulated game Friday.

Schilling, sidelined with a right ankle injury since April 24, is expected to pitch in a bullpen session on Sunday and make a start for Triple-A Pawtucket next Wednesday.

"It's getting better. I felt good. I felt smooth," Schilling said after throwing 84 pitches from the mound before the Red Sox played the Phillies. "My pitches have gotten sharper the last couple days and I felt like I was ready."

Schilling said he plans to make more than one rehab start. After throwing 65 pitches in Cleveland on Monday, Schilling started lobbying to speed up his rehabilitation. However, he did back off a statement he made last week that his goal was to return by the All-Star break.

"I thought he was good the other day and I wanted him to repeat it," Red Sox manager Terry Francona said. "Now we'll go let him pitch. He looked healthy. He looked great."


Life is good for the Redsox fan right now, and I'm loving it.

If Schilling is healthy and capable of pitching to his ability the Sox should run away with the AL east division once he comes back. He should be able to win us 10 games in the 2nd half of the season. Which will be the best mid season pick up this year.

And I thought the best mid season pick up was going to Wade Miller, but he came back a lot earlier than I expected.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home