Sports and my thoughts

Friday, June 17, 2005

Sports: Payton wants out of Boston

Why? Because he wants to play every day for another team. Which I can understand, if I were in the majors I'd want to play everyday too.

The Red Sox [stats, schedule] are trying to make Jay Payton [stats, news] happier by trading him to a team for which he can play every day.
But until that happens, or until the end of this season, they have a fourth outfielder who wants out.
Payton spoke Wednesday with disappointment but without animosity about his belief that his presence as a $3.5 million insurance policy for injuries to Manny Ramirez [stats, news], Trot Nixon [stats, news] or Johnny Damon [stats, news] has been a waste of his time and talent.
``There's probably a half a dozen other teams, a dozen other teams, I could be playing for,'' Payton said. ``Actually, as far as playing time, this is one of the worst situations I can be in because if I'm hitting .800 I still wouldn't be playing any more than I am right now because they've got their boys.''
General manager Theo Epstein declined comment yesterday about Payton's situation.
Payton's agent, Craig Landis, said, ``The Red Sox are aware of Jay's feelings.''


Lets go get some relief pitching for Jay Payton, I know the Braves need some outfield help and they always have an abundance of pitchers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home