Sports and my thoughts

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Stupid David Wells

I hate him, I still think he belongs on the Yankees, so why does he have to go out and pitch good? Can't he just pitch like crap so it makes it easier for everyone to hate him. When I go on rants on how he doesn't belong here or he shouldn't be on the Redsox, people just tell me how good he is pitching right now.

Denied the opportunity to complete his first shutout in two years, David Wells settled for a victory in which he extended his run of scoreless innings to 15. Wells allowed three hits in eight innings, and the Boston Red Sox got a three-run homer from Jason Varitek in an 8-0 rout of the Baltimore Orioles on Wednesday night.

Wells (2-2) struck out five and walked one. He had thrown 109 pitches through eight innings and was eager to get the final three outs, but as the top of the ninth dragged on - there were three walks and a pitching change - it became apparent that the burly left-hander would be better served by spending the bottom half in the dugout.

"My heart was wanting to send him out there for the ninth, but my head won out," Red Sox manager Terry Francona said. "I don't think it was right for the rest of the season. I was fighting myself. He wanted to, but the ninth inning was getting long. He understood. He was good about it."

Wells was vying for his 13th career shutout, the first in 63 starts since he blanked Minnesota for the New York Yankees in April 2003.

"I could have gone. I wanted to. I just felt good," he said. "But it became a long inning and I stiffened up a little.


Atleast the Redsox are winning and that is all that matters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home