Sports and my thoughts

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Lance Armstrong announces retirement

Lance Armstrong says he plans to retire after this years Tour de France.

Lance Armstrong is retiring after this year's Tour de France, ending a cycling career in which he inspired millions by overcoming testicular cancer to win his sport's signature event a record six straight times.

Armstrong said he remains "fully committed" to winning his seventh straight Tour de France this year and is driven "by that dream to go out on top. That's a big deal to me."

"It will be the last one, win or lose," the 33-year-old Texan said at a news conference Monday.

I've heard reports about Lance retiring for a while now. He can say it, but I don't believe him. If he wins, which I think he will, this year. He will come back to defend his title. He won't retire until he actually believes and shows he can't compete at a high level anymore.

I just don't trust athletes who say they are going to retire when they can still compete. I know how competitive I am, and I am sure these guys are more competitive then me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home